To glorify God through worthy worship, deliberate discipleship and intentional evangelism.
Maturing and multiplying disciples of Jesus in Auckland and Northland.
How we will achieve the vision
- Plant a church in the Hibiscus Coast area.
- Support and grow the Maungakaramea Reformed Church through outreach in its catchment area.
- Investigate further church planting opportunities.
- Shepherd the congregation towards full maturity in Christ (Col. 1:28).
- Train and appoint leaders in the church.
a. Appoint at least one first-term office-bearer per year.
b. Train, call or hire additional leaders and staff (e.g. second minister).
- Encourage and support men to enter the ministry.
- Support and guide Cadets and GEMS, LABS and Mainly Music.
- Mobilise members to serve and be active in the church’s ministries.
- Train North Shore members who can serve in Mainly Music and as Sunday School/Catechism teachers.
- Teach and encourage the congregation towards hospitality.
- Care for those in need in the church and in the community.
- Consider and investigate:
- Supporting the pro-life cause by becoming involved with crisis pregnancy centres and providing emergency housing.
- Setting up a Christian hostel
- Becoming involved with Christians Against Poverty (CAP).
- Support and cultivate passion for overseas missions.
- By organising more visits from the missionaries we support.